Monday, October 1, 2007

GC Rants n Raves


I've been crazy busy sewing and creating the new sign for the GC. That's the new sign to the right. My computer crashed for the second time in a month and I just got it back from my most awesome computer repair dude Mike at All Systems Repair in Winooski. He did a great job and it runs faster that ever!


Now I can get back to work on updating the web site with a posh new design to go with our new sign!


Missed my Sunday date with my co-conspirator Allison yesterday. My bad, but after reading her blog I know she had plenty o fun with out me anyway.


Okay so enough of the hum drum chit chat and onto the fashion!


Allison and I are planning to once again collaborate on a design as the Trashion Collaborative for the upcoming One Fashion Event in January at Higher Ground. The theme is Decadence and Decay. It should be most awesome, although we have yet to begin our design concept. All in good time.


Our last (and first) collaborative piece "The Cubical Rebellion" was the closing look in this years Art Hop Strut II fashion show and its already sold! We hadn't made it to sell, it was just a show piece but nevertheless its gone out the door in less than two weeks! I'm still looking for a great shot of the back of the dress since that was a major part of the design. But here's a shot of the look on the runway:

You may be wondering why Cubical Rebellion??? Well, it was crafted from Business wear. The shirt is embellished with roses from silk neckties, the shrug from a suit coat, the skirt thrifted fabric. Not to bad if I do say so myself.

Can't wait to see the next creation. I think Allison and I work extremely well together.

Anyway, I've got to get back to work. So till then...."Be the change you want to see in the world" Gandhi

1 comment:

Bonnica said...

WHOSE THAT HOTTIE?!?