Saturday, October 6, 2007

Small town life, Big city taste



While carousing the fashion blogs this morning I was catching up on a few faves including She's a Betty ,where I came across these most awesome gloves.

They come from the UK, a company aptly named Glovedup. Now this is just the sort of outrageous style that oh so appeals to me. But I for one can ill afford to pay $80-$150 for these most luscious gloves and sadly neither can most of my customers. I don't think they'll fly here in maple country. But small town or not I would totally rock these puppies constantly.

Perhaps its little things like this about my style (wishes) that explain the oh so often heard comment about my shop,"This place would be so huge in_______(city name here)!"

I simply must come to grips that no matter how much I want to add a little cosmo to my tiny town, I'm in farm country and that ain't gonna change anytime soon (like never). But fear not, I'll keep banging my head against the wall anyway. I live here and damnit THERE WILL BE STYLE!

2 comments:

liseomatic said...

X-mas,
Loved the gloves too, especially the first ones. I am back in the Bay Area, I will call you!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

There is a woman in the strawbale/cob building field. She's tiny, lives in Canada and I think she's my hero. She works in construction (albeit alternative construction) which is a male dominated field. She gave a demonstration, think dirty, hard work, gloves, mask, rubber boots, pants and over the top of it all the brightest yellow dress with huge beautiful flowers. I thought that such a fashion statement and a statement of women being what they want, where they want. She is my hero! So, my point is, some women have style no matter the occasion.